Good morning readers!!! First of all, sorry I did not post last week, but I could it is the busiest time of the year… Anyway, I love to write because it feeds my soul, so I hope that (If you are reading this) it feeds yours and give you some sense of hope.
So, 2017 was the worst year of my life (for those who have read me before, know about this), 2018 was for me to reborn from my ashes but could not do it properly until I decided to cut my hair (I am not joking… it was the first step before cuting with everything that was hurting me). It is symbolic but it can actually have a lot of meaning to some girls (like me). I am not going to presume that I am a phoenix now, but that is exactly how I feel!!!
When you feel sad about any aspect of your life (sometimes we do not even know the reason, we just do not feel complete or have the feeling that something is missing) do the following list. The list is not entirely mine, I actually find it by chance on Pinterest (I lost the link, so if someone knows or has it, do not hesitate to give credit to that page too).
1. Week ZERO: Meditate. Try to clean your mind, and when you have a thought that is coming and going and removing your peace… well now you know what is the aspect of your life you are not happy about… or you will have at least a clue.
2. Week ONE: wake up earlier, do excersise, carry on meditating (if you run or you swim, perfect! you can meditate while doing it if you do not like meditating the traditional way), feed yourself with healthy food (I would not tell you to go vegetarian or to stop eating red meet, but try to feed your body properly, what ever that is proper for you, whatever makes you feel good about yourself) and walk (for at least 15 minutes every day).
Note: while carry on with the weeks, do not stop doing week one, I promise it is worthy.
3. Week TWO: clean your space, your affairs and duties. Give away what you no longer need or use, throw what is litterally garbage (even unhealthy thoughts). When I say “clean your affairs” I mean… talk with your dad if you have issues with him… or with your mother… or with that friend you cut off because something he or she said was not nice for you…Just, whatever that is bothering your heart, speak up! If you do not want to speak to that person, just write him or her a letter and burn it. Such a relief either one you chose! Last but not least, your duties… do not leave for tomorrow what can be done today (or this week).
4. Week THREE: write and make plans. Write a list of “the impossible” (my wish for you is to rephrase it when you finish and write on top “I AM POSSIBLE” or “THIS IS POSSIBLE”). After that, make a wish list and, right next to each wish write why you want it. Finally, make new plans…. there should be at least one thing the “impossible” or from the “wish” list that could actually be done. Work on that one, make it a plan for next week or next year and make it happen.
What worked on me or what I loved the most about this week was to paint… I did two drawings of two things that I want to happen the most… I did it listening to music I love and feeling that it was actually possible, so every time I stare at them I have a feeling of hope, that I think is one of the most valuable feelings a human can have.
I have done this before… I will share with you a drawing I did on September 2017 and what happened on March 2018 (it is unbelievable and surreal but it happened)…
it is more crazy that my baby actually fell asleep and my mother took that picture (yes I told her to take the picture, but I did not ask my son to fell asleep…) that was serendipity
5. Week FOUR: get out of your comfort zone and routine. To be honest, I did not know to do with this one… I do have a routine, because I work and run my business at the same time so this one was very very hard. My way of getting out from my routine was to paint, I did a drawing for my dinning room, and to give myself more time to read (I chose: THE WOMAN I WANTED TO BE). I was not happy with that but then, some invitation found me…
6. Week FIVE: Spiritual Retreat… yes, it was catholic… no, we did not pray all day… yes, I found peace… no, I did not became a nun… I can not describe the Retreat because it is something you have to live. But that was the “out of your comfort zone” that end up closing this Bath for soul and body.
It does not have to be in October (as I started it, right after my baby´s birthday) but I think it is nice to do it to be “clean” and “closing circles” before the start of the most beautiful season of the year. You will be more “light” and open to recieve new and wonderful things. But for that, you have to let go first…